We are thrilled to have the opportunity to meet you! When you visit, our Front Desk Associates will introduce you to our Treatment Coordinator, who will gather information about why you have come to visit us. Your wishes and goals are an essential part of the planning process.
During the initial visit, you and your family will get to know Dr. Johnston and our Team. Dr. Johnston will do a comprehensive examination, which typically includes photographs and an x-ray. Dr. Johnston will determine:
- What orthodontic and esthetic concerns should be addressed.
- How long treatment will take.
- What the fees for your treatment will be.
You will have the opportunity to ask Dr. Johnston questions and review treatment options. Our goal is to create a specialized treatment plan just for you or your child. Please expect to spend about 60 minutes with us.
The initial consultation is free of charge.
Welcome to our Office
Finance and Insurance Info
One of the first questions patients ask us after we suggest any treatment is: How much will this cost?
Through our affiliate, OrthoFi, we can offer incredible flexibility like no one else. Unlike many offices, you choose your initial investment, your monthly payment, and your payment length based on your family situation and your monthly budget. Many patients will pay for the entire treatment upfront in order to get a discount for doing so. Others will pay a larger amount up-front to decrease their monthly payments. Some patients choose to complete their payments during their estimated treatment time, while others will extend payment considerably past that time to lower monthly payments, with no high initial cost. OrthoFi makes it easy for you to tailor your plan! If you have any questions regarding your OrthoFi account, do not hesitate to contact them at orthofi.com.
Before you start treatment, we will explain the costs to you and offer payment plans to help you cover the expenses your insurance does not cover. If treatment is paid in full at the onset, we can also provide a discount. We accept payments via Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and FLEX/HAS payment options.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between a dentist and an orthodontist?
When should my child first visit the orthodontist?
What will happen at the initial examination appointment?
Will braces interfere with daily activities?
How long will I need braces?
Does Dr. Johnston treat both children and adults?
Do I need to see my dentist while in braces?
How long are my appointments?
What should I do if something breaks or is hurting?
How can I take care of my teeth if I’m wearing braces, aligners, or retainers?
- Floss every day, at least once, and brush your teeth after each meal
- Use a fluoride toothpaste, and if your orthodontist recommends it, fluoride rinse as well
- Whenever you take out your retainer, put it safely in its case. Brush and floss before putting it back in after each meal
- Gently brush your retainer to keep it clean, and use retainer cleaning tablets if desired.
- Follow Dr. Johnston’s recommendations and avoid sticky, chewy, and hard foods that can damage your braces.
- Keep your regular dentist appointments